Thursday 5 November 2009

Banoffee Curd

4 ripe bananas
550g light brown sugar
125g butter
4 eggs

Mash the bananas into a large heatproof bowl (I pushed them through a sieve but I'm sure it would be okay if you didn't). Mix in the sugar. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add the butter until it's melted, mix in the eggs. Simmer until cooked, stirring regularly. Pot into sterilised jars.

Yields 4 jars.

I decided to try making banoffee curd because I love banoffee pie. The recipe called for dark brown sugar but I was worried it would be too strongly flavoured so I decided to use light brown sugar instead. It's quite sweet so next time I may try reducing the sugar. So far I've had it on toast (yum!) and I have some Greek yoghurt in the fridge which I'm sure it'll be delicious with.

No comments:

Post a Comment